An expert jury deliberates on a salmonella outbreak at a casual dining restaurant which has a documented history of cleanliness and customer care. The prosecution is missing important samples and some of the proposed defense is being challenged. See if a rigorous defense led by MarlerClark Partner, Denis Stearns can prevail as the prosecution, led by fellow MarlerClark lawyer, Drew Falkenstein, spins the facts.
Join this courtroom view where the role of the plaintiff is played by Maricopa County's David Ludwig. The offending restaurant is CasuLee's, a chain mostly in Washington State, with the defendent played by Lee Budd, president of the food safety firm, PrepCheck. Court Bailiff is CDC's Captain Charles Otto.
(Due to technical limitations, some of the speaker volumes are less than ideal.)
- John Ciarametaro - Legal Sea Food
Read John's report of his learning at this link.
- Ellen Schroth - Foodsense, President
- Vicki Griffith - Clyde's Restaurant Group, Food Safety Director
- Shirlry Bohm - FDA, CFSAN
- Vickie Church - San Diego Department of Environmental Health
- Maryanne Houge - SteriTech Group, VP, Food Risk Analysis Initiative
- Patty McNiel - Michigan State University
- Steve Goode - Southern Nevada Health Department
- Bill Manley - New Jersey Health Department
- Don Schaffner, Ph.D. - Rutgers, Food Risk Analysis Initiative, Jury Foreman
- David Adams - FCSI, Jem West
- Nelson Fabian - NEHA, Executive Director